Friday 17 December 2010

Ancillary 2

Planning

Now that I am at the planning stage of my ancillary 2 I will write down an organised plan preparing myself for everything that I will do to make sure that the production of my review page leads to a success. In my planning I will contain what I will do for each part of my review. This includes the image, colour scheme that I will use and the text I will put onto my review page. To create my the review page I will use publisher which is a great software enabling me to piece together each aspect of my poster. However whereas in ancillary 1 I used A4 Portrait to create a neat and tidy poster the same cant be said about ancillary 2. For ancillary 2 I will be using A4 Landscape which allows me to use the space more wisely, so that when it comes to the review, the text wont be dominating the page.
Publisher is a great software which allows you to preview your review page so that if I am unsatisfied with the final result I can simply make the changes accordingly. Below is a rough copy of what I hope my review page to be like, if not similar: 


This design has given me a rough idea of how I want my final review page to be like. I have briefly included some of the main aspects in which may be used for the review page. The design looks very tidy and professional however I will want to rearrange the layout slightly, simply changing the page size from Portrait to Landscape offers extra space and I would like to use that as an advantage. I believe that by doing this it will eliminate any chance of my review page getting clustered and untidy. 

Colour shemes are again going to require plenty of consideration and time so that the review page doesn't look out of sorts with my poster and magazine covers. Colour represents a lot of things such as the genre, mood and its purpose, for example having black and white dominating a poster, it can deter the attention off the colour and its image/fonts etc. Again like my poster and magazine cover I will use a black background for the same reasons. I believe this will make my ancillaries much better quality as I have followed the same method throughout and haven't deterred from my thoughts and ideas.


The main image is another aspect that I want to show great care in choosing. Personally I believe that the image will be just as important, if not more significant for the review. However it is still very important as a telling picture can persuade viewers. For the majority of people its the thing they remember most. Below are a few examples of images which I thought I could use for my review page:

 



The thing I like most about these  two images are that they are simple to create and have that huge appeal factor to them. Again the two images give the viewers a lot to think about. The first image is of a dead child's hand and arm which is very effective and teases the viewers to what the film may have in store. The second image is very basic but suggests crime and drama will be featured in the film.

When it comes to the making on my ancillary 2 I will chose a photo which will be appealing but not so that it will overpower the review. I have reached the conclusion that the background will once again be black so that the text will stand out more becoming more clear, therefore drawing attention to itself. The group and myself will make sure that the review page is up to high standards and replicates that of the reviews I used for my research.

Like my poster my review page will have various text styles and Dafont, http://www.dafont.com/ a website which enables people to chose from a wide range of fantastic fonts and styles, the website is straight forward and simple to use with a step by step guide to the different texts and fonts using the various categories on offer. This website will certainly be a benefit to me when the final ancillary 2 is complete.


Final Review Page
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment